Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pandora.

EDIT: Just so all of you know... Lila discovered pandora first.

I would guess most of you have seen my favorite song list, and my pandora stations in my sidebars.

If you havn't, or if you have just kinda ignored it I would suggest you check it out. All you have to do is go to www.pandora.com and type in the name of your favorite band, or favorite song, or just any band or song that you would like to find similar stuff.

The program then takes what you have put in and plays songs that are similar to it. And it works really well. My favorites list on the side is all the songs i have heard either from bands i have never heard of, or from albums I didn't know the band had. Kind of a reminder list of what I should be looking for when I go to the local record shop. You can even combine multiple songs, or multiple artists on one station for some really interesting results. Combine things that you wouldn't think would go together and out some odd things.

You can also tweak the stations to get closer and closer to your tastes, because you can tell it whether or not you like the song it chose to play and in doing so it will adjust what it choses next to fit what you have told it you like.

I know this sounds like a big ad, but the best part of this program is it's absolutely free! And runs right in your interenet browser, so there is nothing needed to download or install. I really can't speak well enough if this thing. And I share it with you all because regardless of your musical tastes, It's almost garanteed you will love it.

4 comments:

Smapdi said...

uh, what?

Smapdi said...

OHH, the picture....

yeah, i guess in retrospect it is a little crucifiction like.

He was crucified by his music though.

Smapdi said...

Well, then you only know 1/3 of the fact.

Since I last spoke to you about it I am almost all the way through the first book.

I can already tell its awesome.

Smapdi said...

well, John wasn't the first to say anything to me about pandora, if it makes you feel any better.

But, I'll give just tell everyone you told me about pandora. hehe.