Sunday, July 30, 2006

Jehovah: Provider of Escape.


My distric Convetntion is this weekend. (something I didn't factor in when stated I would get the CDs done this week) And today was the first day.

For those of you who have already had your convention, which is likely everyone, You just might understand when I say that the last talk, Entitled "No Opposing Weapon or Tongue Will Succeed", brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Anything bringing tears to my eyes of any kind happens rarely. Not because I think it's dumb or unmasculine to cry, but because this world has a way of desensitizing you. And I had a lot of desensitizing when I was younger. So things just usually don't affect me emotionally as much as others. I didn't cry when my brother or father died, I didn't cry when either of my sisters got DFed. And the only tears of joy were usually because of uncontrollable laughter.

But that talk took decades of evidence that what we have is the truth and condensed them into 30 minutes. It was really something to be in awe of. The discussion of poland especially got me, They were so oppressed they had to piggy back on special occasions like weddings and such to have miniature assemblies. I think he said "the following year", but i cant remember what year, they had 3 international conventions.

Understand the weight of these words. Not only was their oppression removed, and they weren't just finally able to have a single convention, they were able to have 3, and they were international conventions.

That is just insane. I shook my head in what must have looked like disbelief, but was really a shake of bewilderment at how well Jehovah Cares for his people.

There is no doubt in my mind, This is the truth.

4 comments:

Johnathan Foster said...

i suggest the above be deleted and righteousness be preserved

Smapdi said...

Good lord, Not only did I expect that, it only took a single day for some kind of apostate comment.

Maybe I should take my blog off of 'public'...

SillyAlicat said...

I just had my convention this weekend and it was AMAZING. I especially loved the talk on angels and how powerful they are. The brother then read the scripture that we are not that far off from the angels. It just made me realize how much Jehovah has in store for our untapped minds.

Smapdi said...

Yeah, it felt so good to know for sure that they are right there. And that in the future when we can finally talk to them, they will already know us, and remember their experiences with us in Jehovah's work. :)