Saturday, July 01, 2006

It's That Time of Year: Part 2

Well, I have started burning the CD's today, I planned on having them mailed out this week, but I gotta wait until next Friday when that paycheck comes in.


But Today I start the part I have really been excited about. Today, I tell you the first of 4 themes that I think will take us all on an interesting musical Journey.

With that said, the next Theme is going to be:


"Arsonist Songs"

I have told a couple close friends about this theme, and I seem to get feedback that these songs would be angry ones. But I must let all of you know that the motivation for starting the fire doesn't matter. Sure, it could be for something angry, like revenge, or it could just be to watch the thing burn. Maybe it is to right a wrong, to destroy a blasphemy against god, or maybe it's a symbol of the undying fire inside you, or something else entirely cliche like that.........

Anywho, the Idea is that these songs would be songs you would set fires to. Songs that would inspire you to burn something, or to enhance the experience of said thing burning. These aren't small fires like a camp fire, or I would have named it "Campfire Songs". No, these are fires worthy of being considered a "crime" by "the man".

"Where could he possibly be going with this?" you might be thinking to yourself. Well You will find out later, but I promise it will be interesting. And so far the reaction to this theme has been excitement, so I think even if it was to stand alone it would work well.

While I said I would allow a week for picks to be made, I think due to the fact that I am just now burning last themes CDs, and likely won't get them in the mail for a week, that 2 weeks would be better, so that the two CDs aren't arriving in your mailbox right next to eachother.

Take your time, Think about what your pick will be, make sure it is worthy of the arsonist in all of us.


11 comments:

abz said...

boy sets fire immediatly comes to mind haha. brilliant theme

Smapdi said...

yeah, there was a hall here that as arsoned. A couple who are good friends of mine went to it. It was where they were having the pioneer school. I don't really know how much damage was done, but i think someone said it was started in the basement, and was caught before it did too much damage to the upstairs. I think they said the whole basement needs to be repaired.

Her Henna said...

I had a hard time with this one. So many songs to burn things to. Let's say "Five Years" by David Bowie. I may take that back.

Smapdi said...

Phil Picks - "Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber.

Her Henna said...

Dang...wish I'd thought of that one.

abz said...

still thinking about this one.

Smapdi said...

I pick "Jesus Built My Hotrod" by Ministry. Not typical of my musical taste, but a great arsonist song nonetheless.

I was very close to picking "highway 61 Revisited" by bob dylan. Maybe PJ harvey's version....

abz said...

i would go with my more so punk roots here and say "the legend of pegleg sullivan" by allister (it tends to swear a wee bit : / )
and 14 balloons by matchbook romance.

Smapdi said...

Judged? Here? I came up with the theme......

Most of us are just as twisted. Or we wouldn't understand the theme.

Though with everyone still picking two, I guess I'll just have to pick which one I want to work with. :S

SillyAlicat said...

I just adore Pandora. I just saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in concert. She's such an amazing performer. Did I mention she's from Brooklyn :-D Bebel Gilberto and Lamb are on my endless list of favorites too. You've passed my music test Peter, you're in!

Lizzy Pratt said...

going to go with i burn by the toadies.