Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Diamond In The Rough.



I have always thought of our ministry like digging through the Mud, metaphorically speaking.

We are doing so in order to try and find the Diamonds we know are hidden in there.

When one is found much rejoicing is had. Our hearts skip as if they were in love. Our demeanor improves, and the joy of our work is hightened.

I found a diamond recently. He is younger than me, and i met him through a job I used to have.
A close friend of mine also works there, so we would both talk to him about the deep things of scripture.

Notice I said the 'deep things'. This guy is bright, smart, and when we would explain scripture to him, things would just make sense to him. I remember once he told me that with one scripture i seemed to be able to overturn mounds of contrary evidence.

It felt good.

Until, During the process of cutting and cleaning the Diamond, a flaw was discovered.

Suddenly what we said didn't matter, and offended him. He started putting words in my mouth and accusing me of saying things i did not.

All in the name of science.

While he trusted us with scripture, he would not trust us with science. Would not even give us a chance to back up our claims that evolution wasn't fact.

All I can really hope is that Jehovah will be able to fix the flaw with time, because he really was a diamond in the rough.

And more so because I miss him, He was a friend, and now he likely doesn't even want to speak to me.

Fortunately for me, I have a Decon in a pentacostal church that I met recently, who seeks first biblical truth.

So onward the march goes.

And yes I did say i wasn't going to use this blog for anything but the Random threats project.
I take it back.

6 comments:

SillyAlicat said...

Welcome back!

If we feel sad, imagine how sad Jehovah must feel when a person's eyes are being slowly opened to the truth and then they shut them so rapidly and without cause. At least you planted a seed and hopefully with Jehovah's watering it will grow!

Smapdi said...

It was a short lived exodus.

I just couldn't resist writing where others could read it.

Something about writing in a journal that just makes it still feel like its only inside my head.

SillyAlicat said...

Dusty, I often wondered what it was like to have an echo in one's head. Now do you hear everything multiple times or just your own thoughts? Enlighten us, please.
:-D

Smapdi said...

If I was to hear everything twice that would mean there was an echo outside my head.

It's more like a ringing of my own thoughts over and over, til i can't stand them to be in there anymore and have to share it.

See, I can turn any insult around and make it sound deep... :P

Smapdi said...

That she can, where do you think i learned it from? hehe

Lissy said...

i give more power to you people preaching in the states, and especially in english. i do not miss it.

service is so easy here, everyone invites you in their homes and sometimes gives you a cup of coffee and they really have respect for the witnesses here.