Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Group Art Project: Update

Ok well I sat down and wrote out some theme ideas for CD themes. I actually have enough now to last through until March of next year. Which is only 9, but still, I find I am having a bit of trouble deciding which to go with first. So, while I ponder I figured I would outline how this is going to work.

First I will give you My email address. MusicConnoisseur@gmail.com
I will need all of your mailing addresses so that I know where I am sending the CDs to, so email them to me.

Next I will list a few guidlines fow how I will run this thing.

1. With the exception of this first time, when I announce a theme there will be a one week period to get submissions in. Once the week is over I will begin work on making the CDs. (If you need an extra day or something, just let me know, maybe we can work something out.)

2. All entries will be posted On this blog under the post containing the current theme. That way everyone can see what has been submitted so far and will prevent any people from picking the same song. We don't want any repeats.

3. If you have any suggestions for Themes to use, explanations for why you picked a certain song, or just any info that you wish to report to me, than email it to me and I will include it in the project.

4. I am considering Making booklets for these CDs. So if you have a picture, poem, quote, story, or whatever to go along with your song then email it to me or something, and If It seems inexpensive and possible, then I will make a little homeade CD booklet to go along with the CDs themselves. I think this will provide more room for artistic expression for all participants.

5. After this initial run, if all goes well, then on the 1st of every following month I will post a new theme and we will start the process all over again.

6. If you feel your submission is rare and hard to find, then feel free to attach it to your email, as I have unlimited space in my gmail account. Or if you have it handy, just attach it anyways to save me work. hehe.

7. You do not have to submit a song to recieve a CD. Though i would prefer you would just to make the experience richer. If you can't think of a song, or just don't want to submit one, and i have your adress then I will still send you a copy. If you wish to be removed from the mailing list at any time, just email me and let me know and I will stop sending you CDs. So, if you wish to recieve CDs from this project simply send me your address.

That is all I have for now. I suppose later today I will be posting the first theme, along with great fanfare. Hope you are all as excited about this as I am.

1 comment:

abz said...

oh man what have we begun?? this is so gr8! u've definatly gone above and beyond just a selfish cd, thats so gr8! i'm always dying for new music!