Sunday, June 11, 2006

Midnight Ramblings.


Hmmmm. Can't Sleep.

You would think I would be exhausted after the long two days I had helping abominable snowman move to cinci. Not only did we move all of his stuff just the two of us, the U-haul broke down not once, not twice, but FIVE TIMES. The last four times were in immediate succession and in the middle of downtown Cincinnati rush hour traffic.

According to my cohort, what I experienced in the way of rudeness among the pedestrians, is nothing compared to what I would get in NY. But somehow that didn't help me to forgive the trouble that it caused me that day as I ran around trying to find a way to jump the U-haul, getting yelled at by people who were trying to tell me I was turning down a one-way street which I had to explain numerous times that I knew that and needed to give my friend a jump, trying to get out of the one way street without causing a wreck after we found out it wasn't going to stay running, trying to find a place to park, and a place to get the U-haul off the street, while JoFo locked in some help in the way of a mechanic over his cel-phone. Which, by the way, took 45 mins to get there.

Regardless the U-haul was empty and we were within a mile of the U-haul place. So the mechanic jerry rigged a temporary fix and got us the mile down the road we needed and then was on his way, as were we.

It must be because that I was well fed both days that I am not exhausted now. I was treated to W.G. Grinders for lunch the day we left by J-Fo's mother, gorged myself on steak that the upstairs landlords/tenants provided for grilling in the back yard for dinner that evening, and had an amazing lunch at Claddagh's Irish pub the next day, paid for by JonJon's father, while I drooled over the fine selection of brews they had on tap. I didn't order any, not that I have any qualms about drinking at lunch time, but it just wasn't the right time. I also had a nap on the trip home.

Regardless of the reason, I sit here unable to sleep now, with no real inspiration for writing this except for the fact that I felt like writing something. I gotta find some way to turn writing into a living.

Just be glad I didn't get all mushy with what is really going through my head about a certain someone. Because that would have been cheesy and cliche. Unless of course you somehow would have found that more entertaining. Which if you would, you are likely the minority, and majority rules here.

Or at least my saving myself from embarrassment rules here.....

2 comments:

Smapdi said...

ouch, and GROSS.

You have insulted me! :P

Hehe, the first half of that post made me worried, the second part made me throw up and laugh at the same time.

Lissy said...

i think i speak for everyone when i say...

WE WANT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!

eh um, thank you.