Monday, June 12, 2006

Group Art Project.

EDIT:  We have six people so far, I could wait til the 1st of next month and see who else comes on board.  Or I could post the first subject now, and instead of waiting a week for submissions,  I could wait til the first of next month.   OOOORRRR,  I could just start now and say whatever the day i start is, is the day each new topic will come out on each month.

Hope that isn't too confusing.  Your opinion matters!

-------------------


So, I don't know if any of you have noticed that Mr. Flux has been talking of making a "Selfish" CD. In which we all submit songs we wouldn't normally share with just anyone, and do just that, share it with anyone.

Anywho, this concept has got me thinking. Thinking about a project I could undertake that might prove rather interesting.

Here is what I propose.

On the first day of each month I would announce a theme. Something along the lines of say "Unconventional Dance Songs." Or in other words, Songs that make you move, but wouldn't by any legitimate means be considered 'dance songs'.

You all then have a week to submit a song, a single song, and at the end of the week I will compile said list, make up some CDs and send them out to everyone participating!

I pitch this idea instead of just doing it because only if I think there is enough interest will I do it, so if it sounds good to you then let me know, because It wouldn't be very hard to get the ball rolling.

Think about it, All you have to do is submit information! I do all the work!

If this works, and there becomes a lot of people involved I may have to back off to every other month instead of every month. It all depends on how much I will have to spend on shipping for the CDs.

I think it will be fun!  Tell your friends!

5 comments:

Smapdi said...

You know, tom, since you live basically down the street, i can just hand deliver the CD to you, and hence don't really need to spend more than a few cents on you. Heck i have found packs of CD-Rs that are free after mail in refunds.....

and ruby, um, should I be afraid? My curiosity says "trust her" but my good sense says "your gonna die". hehe

Her Henna said...

This can only breed chaos.

I'm in.

Lizzy Pratt said...

she sent it to me, pk. i´m still living. mostly. hehe.

and yes, i am also game for this enterprise.

shall we wait for further instructions?

Smapdi said...

well, we have me, tom, ruby, liz, giles, and probably john, though i will have to call him to find out...

THat makes 6 people. I guess we could start out with 6, if there is anyone who wants in that you guys know, but they don't blog just let me know.

abz said...

obviously i'm in.