Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's that time of year.

Remember to send me your adresses! Unless you of course live locally, i need to know where I am sending the CDs.

If you have any questions, read the post i put before this one.  If you still have any questions, email me.

 Ok!  It's time for the first annual..... err monthly..... um... Group art Project?

I might need to work on that introduction. (which reminds me if any of you have any suggestions for a title of this project, please let me know)

*Drumroll*
*Trumpet fanfare*
*Confetti*
*Elephants on Unicycles while spinning plates*

The first theme I have finally Decided Will be "Waking up in a Strange Place."

I got this idea from a Tweaker album actually, but basically, pick a song You would hear if you woke up somwhere that you didn't know where you were or how you got there, or that would go along with any ensueing creepy things to follow.  Song should remind you of confusion, erie settings and event, and the like.

Well, what are you waiting for?  Get to it!  And when you pick a song post it below.

If you have any questions read the previous post, if i don't cover it there, then comment on the previous post with your question.

Happy Choosing!

EDIT:  You can still pick 2 songs if you want, but i am going to have to make a double disc because we have gone from 6 partcipants to 10.

9 comments:

Her Henna said...

David Torn - Best Laid Plans
A track that influenced me a great deal as a musician. I could see this deft and skewed musicing waking me to something very strange.

Sonic Youth - Candle
This song is pretty.

Her Henna said...

Project Name:

Shepherds Pie
or Cornucopia (likely misspelled)

Smapdi said...

If you think that is good, ruby, wait til you see next months! I started off small. :)

Smapdi said...

My Choices are:
"Ruby" by Tweaker. and...
"Future Proof" by Massive Attack.

My friend Phil's choices are: (Since he can't post them himself.)
"Ruff In The Jungle Bizness" by the Prodigy. and....
"Abandoned Pit" By Michiru Yamane

Smapdi said...

I did ask for suggestions.

Don't people read these things?...

Smapdi said...

John has submitted:
"The Forrest" by The Cure and...
"Northended" by Doves.

Smapdi said...

Well then Submit Submit Submit!

We are In Control!

I might need to make this a double disc, this got far more involvment then i originally expected for the firs theme, and I am running out of megabytes.

Lizzy Pratt said...

i guess you could always just choose which song you´d prefer to mix with.

¨there is a light¨ nick cave
¨the passenger¨ iggy pop

abz said...

metric- the police and the private

elliott- blessed by your own ghost

maybe i'm missing the mark a bit here, but they r gr8 songs.